President & COO – Process Solutions and Fabrication Products
Scott was named President of the Enerfab Process Solutions & Fabrication Products Division on Aug. 1, 2012 and became Chief Operating Officer in 2016, adding responsibilities for two Enerfab subsidiaries, Brighton Tru-Edge and Enerpipe.
He began his Enerfab career in fabrication sales as a cooperative education (co-op) student from the University of Cincinnati. After graduating, Scott held a variety of positions in the Tank Head Division, from 1992 until 2000.
During that time, the tank head division experienced significant growth and positioned Enerfab as one of the top suppliers of stainless steel and alloy tank heads in North America.
Since 2000, Scott has held various tactical and strategic roles in the Process Division operations department driving safety, quality, growth and profitability.
Scott is involved in a number of leadership roles including:
- Member of the Mill Creek Watershed Council
- Member of Cincinnati YPO
- Employer Trustee on the Boilermakers National Pension Fund
- Past Chairman of Employer Negotiating Committee for International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Local 106 Agreement
Chief Financial Officer
Dan has 25 years experience in financial, cost and tax accounting, with 23 years in the construction industry. He has been a business leader in merger and acquisition opportunities, and he plays a critical role in the strategic planning and organizational leadership areas.
Dan is responsible for the integrity of the financial information for both the Process and Power business units of Enerfab, and all Enerfab subsidiaries. Specific areas of financial responsibility include accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting and payroll.
He is responsible for orchestrating the annual budget process with all departments and in conjunction with all operation managers.
Vice President of Sales
In 2014, Dan was named Vice President of Sales for Enerfab Process Solutions & Fabricated Products. Prior to that he was a Regional Sales Manager for that Division, a position he held since June 2009.
From 2006 until 2009, Dan was Plant Engineer/Project Manager. He managed over 100 union boilermakers who were fabricating complex tanks, pressure vessels and reactors.
He was responsible for the safety, quality, schedule, discipline and production efficiency for all projects, and had project manager responsibilities for select customers and special jobs.
He began his career as a Strategic Account Manager for DuPont.
Dan holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree from Miami University in Health and Sports Studies. He was a member of the varsity soccer team, and a member of Alpha of Sigma Chi.
Mike Hamann, PE
Vice President of Engineering
Mike began his career at Enerfab in 1984 as a Project Engineer after spending a few years as an engineer at RoweKamp Steel.
He was named Enerfab’s Vice President of Engineering in 2000, and he oversees the integration of engineering, purchasing, and production control.
Mike ensures that all design, drafting and material procurement are supporting the needs of the Production Department. He is responsible for customer relationships and management of customer needs.
Other positions Mike has held at Enerfab include Engineering Manager, where he was responsible for scheduling of all engineering activities, along with project work.
As a Project Engineer, Mike worked on the design of ASME pressure vessels, API tanks, steel plate structures. This included double wall tanks, jacketed reactors, underground vessels, columns, heat exchangers, towers, evaporators and duct work. He has experience working with materials such as carbon steel, 304, 316, 2205, Inconel, AL6XN, clad and other high nickel alloys.
Mike received his Bachelor’s of Science degree from the University of Cincinnati in Civil and Structural Engineering in 1980.He has additional training courses including:
- The University of Cincinnati’s executive training program
- Purdue University’s engineering management program
- Algor (finite element analysis)
- Dale Carnegie management training
- Project management training
- AutoCAD, TEMA and ASME Section VIII, Division I
Mike is a registered professional engineer in the states of Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Eric Kertesz, PMP
Managing Director of Operations
Eric has worked in a variety of operational positions in the construction industry and was named Director of Construction for Enerfab in 2010.
He prides himself in his skill in communicating with the client and other contractors. His responsibilities span from project administration, accounting and operations to managing project managers and superintendents.
He began his Enerfab career as a project manager in May 1995. His field experience includes:
- Marslex, Huntington, UT
- Marslex – Hunter, Castle Dale, UT
- Cutrale, Auburndale, FL
- Citrosuco Juice Storage System, Lake Wales, FL
- KCPL, LaCygne, KA
- Tropicana Products Juice Storage Systems – Ft. Pierce, FL
- Tropicana Products Juice Storage Systems – Bradenton, FL
- Empire Electric SCR addition – Asbury, MO
- Dominion Electric Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) system upgrade – Kincaid, IL
- Peace River Citrus Juice Storage System – Arcadia, FL
Eric attended Columbus State in the Construction Management program and The Ohio State University in Business Management. He is PMP certified from the Project Management Institute.
Director of Project Controls
Chris has 16 years of experience at Enerfab including his start in 1998 as a co-op student from the University of Cincinnati working in the fabrication sales group.
He currently holds the position of Director of Plant Operations, overseeing all aspects of shop fabrication, driving our safety culture, quality and efficiencies.
Chris was hired full time as an estimator for the fabrication division. From there he went on to become the Production Scheduler for shop and field fabrication responsible for project schedules and both shop and field manpower.
This role led to Chris holding the position of Project Controls Manager with duties that include overseeing the project schedules, monitoring cash position, monthly financial forecasting and general execution of all Process Division projects.
Other positions that Chris has held at Enerfab include Estimator (Fabrication) where he read specifications and drawings to accurately estimate manufacturing costs and durations, updated and improved the estimating workbook, tracked open job progress of estimates in the shop and the field Process change orders for orders in the shop and the field.
He was promoted to Production Scheduler, where he developed, maintained and updated project schedules detailing all engineering, procurement, and labor activities required to complete project on-time per customer requirements.
From there, Chris became Project Controls Manager, where he developed, maintained and updated project schedules detailing all engineering, procurement, and labor activities required to complete project on-time per customer requirements.
In his current position as Director of Plant Operations Chris focuses on:
- Everyday management and leadership of shop fabrication activities
- Focus on driving safety culture and hazard prevention
- Monthly Financial projections for entire Process Division
- Coordination with customer inspectors and expeditors
- Project planning and execution in accordance with e3
He graduated in 2001 from the University of Cincinnati – Lindner College of Business with a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Marketing and Management focus. He is an OSHA 500 certified training instructor for OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 courses.
OSHA 510 (Standards for Construction Industry) certified
Ben Sprengard, PE
Director of Quality
Ben began his career at Enerfab in 2008 as a welding and metallurgical engineer, progressing to Corporate Director of Quality Assurance in 2013. He manages the Quality and Welding department, while providing solutions to quality and welding related issues.
Ben graduated from The Ohio State University with a bachelor’s of Science degree in Welding Engineering with a specialization in welding metallurgy and nondestructive testing.
He received his Masters in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Cincinnati in 2011, and has his professional engineering (PE) license.
Ben is an AWS-certified radiographic interpreter and AWS-certified welding inspector. He also ensures our compliance with ASME standards. He holds an NDT Level III certification from the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT).
His responsibilities include:
• Providing solutions to code, NDE, and inspection related questions
• Consulting with Design Engineering to support inspectors and production.
• Improving internal quality processes and systems.
• Providing support to field QA/QC representatives and inspectors.
• Developing WPS/PQR’s, write WPQ’s, and provide welding support.
• Developing process sheets/assure compliance with code and applicable specifications.
• Working with customers and 3rd party inspectors
• Developing QA/QC procedures, such as passivation, heat treating, and NDE procedures.
• Reviewing customer specifications and supporting estimating
• Providing solutions to code, welding, and NDE inquiries (ex. Filler metal selection, RT, UT, PT, MT requirements, passivation, heat treatment, mechanical testing, all things welding related)
• Developing welding techniques for different materials, such as quench and tempered steel, stainless steels (austenitic, duplex, PH), nickel alloys (Incoloy, Inconel, Monel, Hastelloy), and carbon and low alloy steels.
• Material Selection for filler metals
• Consulting with other specialists in field (ex. EWI, NiDi) to develop solutions to welding related issues.
• Researching new technologies. (ex. Laser Hybrid welding, Dual Arc SAW, Electroslag, Strip Cladding)
• Developing and write repair procedures for shop and field
• Troubleshooting welding related issues (demagnetizing steel, hot cracking, weld machine errors)
He is a member of the Materials Information Society (ASM International), American Welding Society (AWS), International Metallographic Society (IMS) and the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).