Enerfab is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented estimator to support and lead the bid process for new projects and business opportunities.
Division: Process Division
This position is responsible for leading an assigned new business opportunity and developing the estimate and proposal documentation for that opportunity. This position ensures the opportunity is completed on time and of the highest quality.
- Read and understand engineering specifications
- Build unique bills of material
- Acquire pricing from vendors and subcontractors
- Shake out & negotiate pricing
- Build unique labor estimates
- Work within internally developed standards and interact with production
- Identify project planning documents: bid forms, schedules, cash flow
- Develop proposal letters and proposal documentation
- Schedule key meetings such as pre-estimating meetings, price review, etc.
- Lead handoff meetings from Estimating to Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality and Safety
- Track projects for accuracy and lessons learned
- Handle change order pricing and proposals
Experience: 0-4 years of experience
The ideal candidate will have a combination of skills including:
- Demonstrated ability of critical thinking, mechanical aptitude and problem solving
- High comfort level with computers
- Excel (advanced)
- Word (advanced)
- AutoCAD (not required but beneficial)
- ERP systems (not required but beneficial)
- Access (not required but beneficial)
- CRM (not required but beneficial)
- Advanced written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented work style
Education: Bachelor’s degree (can substitute degree for experience); business or construction emphasis is preferred
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Compensation: Base wage & bonus opportunity (annual)
Enerfab Inc., founded in 1901, is a privately held, company based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Enerfab is a full -service fabrication, construction, and maintenance company that primarily serves the chemical, refining, energy, and industrial markets. In addition, Enerfab has engineering, shop fabrication, and field erected tank construction capabilities to handle customer needs for any and all ASME code pressure vessels, and API tanks historically servicing chemical, refining, food & beverage, energy, and industrial markets. With over 4,000 employees working in 28 states, Enerfab is committed to meeting the fabrication, construction, and maintenance needs of our current and future customers.