Position: Mechanical and Piping Systems Estimator
This position of Mechanical and Piping Systems Estimator will be responsible for assisting in the development of project opportunities for Enerfab. The position will have a variety of duties relative to determining execution plans, evaluating subcontractors, and pricing to formulate accurate and successful proposals. The successful candidate must be a self-starter that can meet deadlines, is detail oriented, is willing to think creatively about work methods and processes.
- Attending customer Bid-Meetings
- Performing project takeoffs
- Undertaking responsibility for driving the estimating and cost management function for assigned projects, including benchmarking, cost control and cost reporting
- Being able to visualize an execution strategy and the ability to build a cost structure around the plan
- Purchasing material and equipment post award
- Undertaking responsibility for maintaining accurate current project cost status on a weekly basis
- Leading change order meetings and collaborating with project manager in validating and pricing the changes
- Participating in the review of estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Communicating with all sub-partners – Subcontractor’s, Material Suppliers, Tool Suppliers, Rental Agencies, Vendors, etc.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to chair and run scope and estimate review meeting
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet deadlines, sometimes in industrial construction environments is required
- Accuracy – Ensure that the process is followed and place priority on the details when others may be focused on generalities
- Communication – Ability to clearly communicate needs and concerns and bring teams together to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Problem Solving – Attack problems when they arise and provide solutions
- Focused – Have the ability to meet deadlines and maintain discipline in the process
Experience: Experience related to union construction projects is a major plus, but not necessarily required.
- Experience with estimating and enterprise business systems. Experience with SAP and/or Accubid is a plus, but not required. Interaction with a CRM system is a plus.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Projects or Primavera is desired but not required
Education: College degree is preferred, but not required, in engineering, construction management, business, architecture, or related field of study.
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Enerfab Inc., founded in 1901, is a privately held, company based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Enerfab is a full -service fabrication, construction, and maintenance company that primarily serves the chemical, refining, energy, and industrial markets. In addition, Enerfab has engineering, shop fabrication, and field erected tank construction capabilities to handle customer needs for any and all ASME code pressure vessels, and API tanks historically servicing chemical, refining, food & beverage, energy, and industrial markets. With over 4,000 employees working in 28 states, Enerfab is committed to meeting the fabrication, construction, and maintenance needs of our current and future customers.