Enerfab has immediate long-term career opportunities for experienced Welders to work in an ASME certified union shop. Experience in MIG, TIG, stick welding and grinding necessary. This position offers an excellent salary, pension, bonus opportunities, benefits, and possible overtime. The primary responsibilities are listed below.
- Attend work on the schedule established by Enerfab and without excessive absenteeism.
- Follow all safe work practices.
- Obtain parts and materials.
- Access area to be welded by climbing ladder or scaffolding if needed.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joint edges of work piece.
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece.
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Tack assemblies together.
- Fabricate new or replacement parts for pressure vessels.
- Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools.
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc.
- Accept responsibility for work performed.
- Clean up work area daily.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand on feet for 10 hours at a time.
- Ability to enter confined spaces for up to 10 hours at a time.
- Must be willing to work first or second shift.
- Must pass vertical and horizontal MIG, TIG, and Stick welding tests.
- Must be able to work quickly and skillfully with the hands.
- Must be able to operate welding equipment with skill.
- Steel/Metal Alloys experience required.
- Mechanical with hydraulics experience is a plus.