The successful candidate will work in the Quality Control Department. He/she will work closely with the QC Shop Supervisor, Senior Weld Technician, Welding Engineer, and the Manager of Quality Assurance. The primary responsibilities are listed below.
- Perform inspections to determine if weldments meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard, or document.
- Prepare detailed and accurate inspection reports while maintaining an organizational system of files.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and other employees.
- Read and compare job specifications, shop drawings, and fabrication plans to determine proper layout, fit-up, and weldment requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A NDT Level II certification in (1) or more of the following is preferred.
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) (preferred)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Visual Testing (VT/ CWI)
- NACE CIP Level I, II, or III
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) is a plus.
- Welding experience and training is a plus.
- Candidate should be detail oriented and capable of recommending repairs as well as completing visual inspection of completed work.
- Candidate must be proficient with standard computer software and programs such as Microsoft Office, email, and internet.
- Excellent skills in negotiation, problem solving, organization, and communication.
- Familiarity with welding procedures and techniques used on carbon steel, stainless steel, and alloys which include the following processes: FCAW, SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and SAW.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions in an industrial manufacturing environment.