The successful candidate will work in the Mechanical Department. He/she will work closely with the Mechanical Estimator, VP Mechanical and Mechanical Director. The primary responsibilities are listed below.
- Generate material, labor take-off, and create accurate cost estimates for bidding projects in various construction markets. This includes power generation, process piping, waste and water treatment, and commercial buildings.
- Price materials and estimate labor extending detailed cost estimates in Microsoft Excel.
- Identify, communicate, and coordinate scope of work to request pricing from subcontractors and vendors. Evaluate bids received for completeness and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Construction
- 5+ years of experience estimating mechanical related projects in the Power, Industrial, or Oil & Gas markets.
- Mechanical Systems background.
- Heavy Construction Projects experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with various types of piping systems is a major plus.
- Experience with Construction Estimation Software (Accubid, etc.) is a plus.
- Must have the ability to comprehend engineer’s specifications and be able to read and interpret construction drawings including Architectural and Mechanical.
- MS Office Skills to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must display excellent customer service skills
- Must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.